4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Friday, 17 April 2015

40+40+40= -40

My Dad calls this part of the country 'the 40/40/40 province'.
Translated to English, he means that the weather here is totally summed up by that single phrase - it is either 40 above, 40 below, or 40mph winds. He's not lying, but it might've helped me to know all that shit before I went ahead & agreed to Mr Shoes' obviously insane plan to move us here... but I digress.
On April 15, in the wee hours of the a.m., I was dragged from slumber by the voice of angry winds & the frantic thumping of a bird feeder being repeatedly & violently smashed into a corner post of the house. Ducking outside onto the porch to rescue the feeder & stop the noise, the hem of my nightshirt was grabbed by the wind & flipped inside out & up to cover my face & create panic in one of Mother Nature's barely veiled attempts to kill me displays of awesome power. Do yourself a favour, don't try to picture this. Awww, too late? Not Sorry.
I could've sworn I heard some cracking noises, but with all the whooshing & thumping, who could tell for sure? The next morning (wind still up & continuing all day long, thwarting all plans to ride) Mr Shoes pointed  something out in the pasture...
Mr Shoes & BIL work to clean up Mother Nature's mess & salvage the 40 foot trunk as firewood & limbs as bonfire fodder.

 
Remaining stump still big & sturdy enough to function as a corner post.


3 comments:

  1. God love him, luckily it was pitch dark outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow pictures ... I also made one today, and when I published my post I found one at your blog and another one at 'trails (and trials)'. I don't believe in cincidences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pointed out my 'horns' to Mr Shoes...
    He said he knew they were there all along. Smartass.

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request