4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Monday, 7 December 2015

A Rare & Wonderful Winter

4pm - Enjoying a brisk 6 mile jog, mane EVERYwhere, the low sun setting off the fire in the Morgan's coat.


We're currently enjoying an unseasonably warm December & you won't catch me complaining. There is far less snow than usual; seeing grassy patches is rare for this time of year, especially in this part of the country. We've been taking full advantage of the clear skies & mild afternoons to ride; I think my chestnut's coat looks just stunning in the lazy brilliance of the late sun.
A mile further on, now headed North, the sun traces our horseback outline against the standing brush.
I should be Christmas shopping, or baking, or folding clothes... but I'd much rather throw a leg over a good horse & feel some wind in my face as we rock along the roadside, & I doubt I'm alone in that. Here's hoping that you too are able to enjoy some invigorating winter riding, wherever you are!

6 comments:

  1. Yep, we also have unseasonably warm weather up here. I got a trail ride in on Saturday, but I'm at work today and they're predicting a huge windstorm in the next couple of days. I'm like you, though, if I can ride, watch out--there will be no cleaning, cooking or Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just call that a Merry Christmas state of mind. :-)

      Delete
  2. I think it is here too.

    Thanks for your kind comment. I am so sorry for your loss.

    I am not an addict unless you count chocolate but moving my forty plus daughter home if she doesn't go to jail. It is new ground for me and we are just taking one step at a time. I hope we can make a difference.

    I doubly thank you because all a writer dreams of is "touching" someone. I'm glad it helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Gail, I'll be back around to see you soon.
      Best of luck to you & your girl; I know this is a tough time for you all.

      Delete
  3. It's warm also in Germany, but here the hunting season started. Expecially at the weekend. They are not really careful with marking the areas, so I walk with my ears up and don't go to far ...

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request