4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Thursday, 21 January 2016

Year of the Monkey? Buckbuck, BUCK off!



According to the Chinese calendar, 2016 is the Year of the Monkey. But the 4Shoes runs on the Canadian calendar &, in our little corner of the Great White North,  it is the Year of the Chicken. We have been making plans for building a coop since quite a while back; this is my (likely somewhat skewed, but enthusiastic), original vision:
Happy Chickens set up inside the barnyard, next to the Porker Palace. *Notice the almost lifelike chickens I have drawn?
Since my original vision has been nixed by Mr. Shoes as impractical & poorly placed, I've had to  rethink. Mr. Shoes vision has the chickens housed in slightly less upscale quarters & placed back behind the hayshed (seen here in the background) with a long run that would encompass the compost pile. Since he's the one wielding the hammer, he gets a pretty big say in all manners related to building. More on that later this Spring; in the meantime, I've been researching coops & came upon a design I would never have come up with!

Despite the obvious desecration of a HORSE trailer that could have been refurbished to it's intended function (shout out to Can I Have a Pony's fabulous & complete trailer restoration), the truth is that I think this ChickenLady (who rents her place) is rather ingenious to have created a portable coop that she can haul along to her next place. I thought you might also like to have a little peek at her truly sacrilegious inventive creation.


2 comments:

  1. Well, that is crazy and creative. I understand very well the power the hammer wielder has. Many projects have had to be redone around my house because of that very thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahahahaha! I'm sure that was said with love. Bwahaha!

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request