4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Thursday, 18 February 2016

Baby Envy

It's a documented condition & I am absolutely afflicted by baby envy.
I mean, I have a really bad case.
Not 'kidnap a kid' bad - more like 'pining to parent again' bad.
Parenting is a job that takes all the love & patience & devotion you have inside you.
It takes years & years of dedicated trial & error experience to master the job.
It is not an easy job, but it is more rewarding than any job that you will ever work for pay.
But then, just when you're at the top of your game,
somehow your job is just pretty much.......... Over.
If you're lucky, you may get to stay on as a consultant.
If you're very lucky, your kids will live close by,
& you will have the joy of being a "hands on" grandparent.
One day I'm sure that my kids will give me grandchildren.
Some days are definitely harder than others to wait patiently.
In the meantime, until that happy day,
I keep my skills sharp on any kinda baby that gets within my reach.

*This post was inspired today by my dear friend, The Park Supervisor.*

6 comments:

  1. My Facebook page is mostly populated by pictures of baby animals. I managed to "friend" a bunch of animal lovers, so Facebook is where I go to get my baby fix, or just my animal fix. I'll call it my cuteness overload fix. I, personally, am not so sure about being a grandparent. I'm exhausted enough with my seven pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby animals never talk back or ask to borrow your car, point in their favour for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on this one. Just as I was getting good at, I was demoted to consultant. I am also looking forward to some grand kiddos, but I'm also enjoying the time to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem to fill the time until, there's always lots to do.

      Delete
  3. I love this!! I'm learning how to be a consultant just as my full time job is winding down... I think I need a goat. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck YEAH you need a goat #1! I want to read about that adventure.
      I watch you rocking the "Tranny" scene & look forward to joining you at it some day.

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request