4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Friday, 17 June 2016

Ladyslippers & Cowboy Boots

Ladyslippers commonly grow wild here in the ditches, but they only flower for a short time & are done by summertime. When we first came here, Mr Shoes noticed how they delighted me & dug some up, which I then transplanted into my garden. Each Spring there are a few more beautiful Ladyslippers putting on a show just for me; I am still  just as delighted  to see them, & they remind me what a loving & thoughtful man I am lucky to be married to for the last 27 years.


8 comments:

  1. 27 years of love ... you lucky one! Congratulations with a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Sabine. Yes, 27 years married... together for 28 years just this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful flowers. And it's such a nice remembrance of how thoughtful your guy is. Congratulations on your 27 years of marital bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blooms look so delicate to me, yet they grow in the ditches - a reminder that strength & beauty can be found anywhere.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely flower to have in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure they would take hold, but I'm so glad that they did.

      Delete
  5. so pretty ...I would love them in my garden too! Mr Shoes is very nice to do that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vickie, good to see you again!
    Mr Shoes is a keeper, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request