4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Lazy Days of Driftwood

As a former west coast resident, I've collected a lot of ocean driftwood that I find beautiful & use decoratively in my gardens. This log (pictured earlier this year among the yellow lilies that were just then popping up) has been the corner post of one of the flower beds since moving here. I saw it bobbing in the sea while touring the many small islands & spits off the east coast of Vancouver Island in what seemed like a very small boat; I was on the lookout for snags & seals (neither of which you want to run over in a boat). I leaned so far out of the boat to catch hold of it that I very nearly fell in! Many people would think I'm crazy, but I still think it was worth the risk.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool memory and good use for it. You're quite the creative woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treasure the memory of those days & hope my memory never fails me.

      Delete
  2. You're not crazy, I have a piece of driftwood I found that is shaped like a whale (in my opinion). I found it on a beach in Cape Cod,Mass. Forty years ago and I still display it. I like what you've done with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look for the shapes too! Years ago I once spent $30 that I couldn't really afford to send a big piece shaped like a cowboy boot home on the bus because I couldn't take it on the plane.

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request