4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Monday, 7 November 2016

Just My Dog

"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog." ~ Gene Hill
Abducted from Vancouver Island, Canada ~ Any information, please call the Saanich Police Dept @ 1-888-980-1919

10 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Dogs are God's gift to us. We don't deserve it, but they love us anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't be whole persons without our dogs. They love us unconditionally whether we deserve it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such examples to us, petty humans.

      Delete
  3. I miss Having a dog and a cat. I hope to remedy the cat situation soon! Animals bring such joy to our lives. By the way I love your comments on my blog! I'm not sure why I can't respond to them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine not having a dog around; I hope to be able to have one all the days of my life.

      Delete
  4. Because I don't have dogs, but some of it reminds me of my Ponys. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, because you run with your ponies as most people do their dogs - it is the same emotion, I think.

      Delete
  5. Hi. I came by to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to comment on mine. I've been reading through your posts and had to stop here and comment. What a dog! My cats are the same way, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying your blog too - see, I even added 5 Acres to my blogroll so I won't miss you. Thanks for dropping by, hope to see you again.

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request