4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Monday, 12 December 2016

Downright Frightful!

"Oh,the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful! & Since I've no place to go, *Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow*!"
**Not my sentiments, clearly. 
Last weeks' dump of snow took 18 hours of cleaning to get out from under. 
"18 HOURS?", you gasp (I could hear you from here).
That's correct; I did say eighteen hours. 
As Mr Shoes explained to me, clearing snow with a tractor bucket is quite a lot more work than if his Kubota were equipped with a blade. A blade can be adjusted to angle right or left, as well as centered, whereas a bucket cannot.
A snowblower attachment obviously would be even more useful!
I don't think anyone needs any further hints to guess what is on Mr Shoes' wishlist...
So, having had it explained to me that they are not very complicated pieces of machinery & that 'used but operable condition' would be fine, I guess I'm on the watch for a used snowblower. 
Wish me luck finding one before the arrival of Spring!
Read the Details of this case of Parental Abduction

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I wish we had a blade on ours! We're half dug out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Eighteen hours, whoa, too much time and too much snow. We have a blade on our Kubota tractor and it's a big help. My son-in-law has the snow blower attachment and it's amazing. Wish he lived closer so we could use it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are bolstering the point made by Mr Shoes (which he will Love!).

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request