4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Pimp My Mixer!

I received 'The Precious' as a Christmas gift from the family. More of a strong hint than a frivolous gift maybe, but she's my favourite colour & I LOVE Her!
I don't love labels; especially next-to-impossible to remove labels. Elbow grease + Almay Waterproof Make Up Remover pads (Sensitive, because that's how we roll) worked our way to a clean surface without damaging Precious' gorgeous purple* finish. 

  For cripes sake, Precious is a powerhouse, but she didn't turn my head with her rpm. A woman does not go all in for a designer colour & then want it covered up with a butt-ugly label about safety & some shit. 

*Truth be told, Precious' colour is technically called "Boysenberry" by the KitchenAide people. I can just slide by with saying 'purple' to anyone else but Mr Shoes, who went to incredible lengths to get his hands on this designer colour out here in the sticks. Trust me, the buy was a ligit ordeal for Mr Shoes, whose idea of a gruelling shopping trip is Crappy Tire changing their floor plan.

Precious, you deserve some bling bling baby!

Before we go all crazy buying customied decals, how about we try out these dollar store clings first? You know, because what if we don't like the bling, & because these dandelions & dragonflies cost $1. Less than a dollar, considering that the tall dandelions are now classing up my front room freezer.
 What? 

You mean not every home has a deep freeze draped with one of the good towels in their front room?
Well don't be jealous Baby, we can't all have everything. 

Mm mmm MM!
We're mixing it up in style at the 4Shoes now!

Downside? Mr Shoes has had to punch a new hole in his belt.
Meh, first world problems.
 

17 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful gift. I would love to own one of those babies. The purple is pretty awesome as well. Mr. Shoes and Ed have the same definition of epic shopping trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted one of these babies ever since they came out with such fancy ones, but I'd never have bought one for myself. Why is that? I deserve to have a nice mixer that will last beyond the year they ban me from the stove, & we can afford it... but I'd never have bought it for myself even though my want was closing in on 'coveting'.
      My theory is that Mr Shoes likes warm cookies more than cold coins. Way more.

      Does Ed also call ahead & ask the clerk to go GET what he wants, label it, and keep it at customer service for pick up so he doesn't have to spend more than 5 minutes in the store?

      Delete
  2. What a fun color! Using those dollar store clings to try out a new look is a clever idea. I agree with you about the ugly labels. They do need to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Shoes said to me today, "Was your mixer like that out of the box?".
      Clearly, he pays close attention to my toys.
      To be fair, I probably could not say where all the stickers are on his tractor.
      Hmmmm, $$ store clings?!?

      Delete
  3. Snazzy! I love my mixer, even though it's just plain white. White is, actually, my favorite color...after black. You could say I'm a black and white person, I guess. I never thought of jazzing it up with stickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white ones are so clean looking; really, all the KitchenAides colours are pretty!
      The beauty of these cling things is they leave no residue, can be moved & reused elsewhere, & I can swap them out anytime.

      Delete
  4. Oooh I have always wanted one of those mixers as well. the red one. And now as soon as I get it im going on the hunt for stickers too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any $$ store will probably have them since decorating with clings has been so popular the last few years.

      Delete
  5. Returning the favor of visiting and now following you on G+. I love the mixer story. I was blessed (threw a fit) to get a candy apple red one 2 years ago. I also went on Etsy and got decals. My initial and some scrolls. I love it! I hope you get many hours of delicious food from it! Https://www.marilynstreats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt that my precious will go on working long after I bite the dust. Thanks for coming by Marilyn!

      Delete
  6. I would never have thought of decals for my mixer. Poor gal...she's been deprived!
    I'm off to the dollar store now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy to be cheesy, right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. How pretty and a great color too. Get some Un-Du for the next time you have to deal with aggravating labels. You can get it at Amazon if your local craft store doesn't have it. Thank you Mrs Shoes for sharing this post at Wednesday AIM Link Party at Grammy’s Grid. I shared it on social media. Hope you get lots of traffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about Taylor Made's motto, "Use Whatcha Got" when I grabbed the eye make up remover; lucky for me, it did the job quite nicely!

      Delete
  8. OHHHHHH I love the purple - and the bling! You are a woman after my own heart. It even tempts me to cook again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, that was their dastardly plan, to get more baked goods! It worked.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request