4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Monday, 13 March 2017

Pinterest FAIL

Not so long ago, I made a dish with a sticky sauce & burnt it onto the bottom of this little enamelled roaster. Dangitall, that is one of my favourites too; it's the only round roaster I have & the perfect size for small roasts.
Now what? 
Pinterest, of course. Pinterest is such an accessible resource; any time of day or night you can find a new recipe to try or learn the easiest way to tan a hide. I'm pretty sure my pan is going to be good as new. 
 According to Pinterest, boil a little dish soap in the pot for 10-15 minutes & the stain will just wipe right out of the pan. 

Too much dish soap?

Son of a biscuit. And here I was hoping that Pinterest had all the answers. 

2nd shot: Vinegar & baking soda scrub... which I can attest does work super well on a lot of gunk & is safe for most surfaces.
Vinegar & baking soda didn't work at all. I may have created a Super Stain...
Let me try boiling the vinegar solution... it sure can't hurt. 

Well, it didn't make it any worse, but it also didn't do a damn thing for the stain. I scrubbed this biotch so hard my elbow popped out of joint, yet look at it just smugly still there
I'm pretty sure there was frustration steam coming out of my ears.

It was about this time that I fired the whole works out the bloody garden door... 'cuz I'm way chill like that. The snow cooled me down when I decided to go retrieve the pan before Mr Shoes asked me wth & got me riled up again.
To hell with it; I'm going out to buy a new little round roasting pan & forget all this ugliness ever happened.

How's your day going?


~joining ChickenChicks bloghop~

16 comments:

  1. LOL- Sometimes you just have to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sometimes there is no cure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stupid pan could be a planter or something if I were to drill a few holes in the bottom. Y'know, reduce, reuse, recylcle blah blah blah

      Delete
  3. Can't say you didn't try! Feel no guilt & buy a new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's HAPPENING, no question.

      Delete
  4. It's obviously the pans fault. You tried everything that should have worked so the pan just flat out refused to be clean again. Now it gets replaced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a 'thrive or die' policy... You've convinced me I am blameless. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Lol, I hate when other bloggers brag about these great cleaning hacks, but they never work for me. I do love the recycle idea. Plant some geraniums in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If an idea sounds plausible, I can't resist trying it out for myself. Not sure what my hit & miss average is; I should chart it. Thanks for coming by Rhonda!

      Delete
  6. My Momma threw a pan out once but it had something in it -our dinner. I was little but from what I heard it was Dad's fault. We were hungry too -we would have ate it. I'm sure she fed us something.
    You need a new flower pot anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a sad story Vickie, & I know waste hurts your heart so a detail left out was that we ate the dish even though the sauce had a little extra bitterness called 'burnt'.

      Delete
  7. I have been burning pots and pans left and right this past month. My son makes this great tea and he cooks it in the pot along with the honey. Well you can imagine what happens when it cooks for too long. The honey turns into a great big black mess on the bottom of the pot. I am still struggling to clean them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take my advice: Give up now, buy new pans, & assign your son one burnt pot to play with & threaten him with physical harm if he touches any other pan. :-)

      Delete
  8. Boy, oh, boy am I glad to know that I am not the only one that Pinterest ideas have not worked for! I'm with you. Bury that puppy in the bottom of the garbage can and buy a new one before anyone's the wiser!

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request