4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Pumpkin Loaf

Preheat your oven to 350*(F)

Sift together:
4 C flour
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt
1 T homemade pumpkin pie spice*
Splash guard beats flour dust mess

Prepare two loaf pans.

On slow speed, beat together:
3 C lightly packed brown sugar
4 eggs

Bump your mixer speed to medium-high & add in:
Freeze puree in baggie, thaw, cut off tip
1 C vegetable oil
2/3 C water
2 C cooked pumpkin  (if using canned, use plain pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling)

Change your mixer head to the batter beater. 
Batter Beater
Add dry mixture to the wet mix in thirds, allowing the dry to incorporate well before adding in more. The resulting batter will be a medium thickness.

Scrape the batter into prepared loaf pans & bake for 50 minutes to start. After 50 minutes, evaluate the bake by inserting a clean knife into the center of a loaf; if the knife comes out clean, the loaf is done. If the knife comes out coated, then add 10 minutes to your timer. 
These loafs seem to bake a little differently according to where you are, so once you have achieved the perfect doneness, jot that number in your cookbook for your own reference. 
Or bake a little Streusel on top!

Change it up by adding to the batter:
3/4 C chopped nuts, or
3/4 C chocolate chips, or
3/4 C SKOR toffee bits

~ Happy Bake Day Everybody! ~

*Homemade pumpkin pie spice: sift together equal parts cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, allspice & nutmeg.
Shout out to Crystal of Ranch Riding who asked for this recipe!


20 comments:

  1. I really like your recipe. Looks so easy and tasty!!! Thanks for sharing and have a happy bake day too:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessi, thanks for stopping by! If you like pumpkin then I hope you'll give it a try. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes! Thank you I think I will be making that tomorrow and test in on our Thursday crew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure to fill up growling tummies, & if you're getting any of the shite weather we are right now, hot coffee & pumpkin loaf will surely be well appreciated!

      Delete
  3. I do love pumpkin bread. I need one of those splash guards for my mixer. I'm going to Amazon now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin is more of a 'fall thing' for some people but, at the 4Shoes, a loaf or a pie or cookies anytime, goes over a treat. Especially with Boot, because it's his favourite.

      Delete
  4. Mmmmmmm. I always go overboard around the holidays and buy/bake too much pumpkin stuff. Unfortunately, my daughter and I are the only ones who like pumpkin, so I'm training myself to buy/bake in moderation. Either that or I need to start handing out goodies to people on the street so that it doesn't go bad and end up in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS hard to make only a small amount after having always made extra when the kids were growing up!

      Delete
  5. Looks easy to make and delicious to eat! I'll file the recipe for a treat to make someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I posted the recipe, THEN I wondered if very many people keep cookbooks anymore. I sometimes find a recipe on the net, but if I try it and like it, then I'll write it down in my BOOK! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Our weather here right now is EXACTLY the kind that Mr Shoes & Boot want to smell something delicious when they walk through the door & they always hope it's still warm from the oven!

      Delete
  7. Yum! Great extra tips. I don't have a fancy batter beater, guess I could dress up (ha ha) but then I would get batter all over my fancy clothes. I rarely use cookbooks anymore, my recipes are on file. I am adding this one to my "recipes to try" list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really prefer my recipes written down because I still like a lot of the life before computers. I also wrote out all my best recipes into a book for my daughter, Slipper, because she won't find the old family favourites on the internet.
      If the power is out & the batteries are drained, I can STILL use my cookbook, it's always in the drawer next to the stove. Thanks for stopping by Aurora!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing this post at the #WednesdayAIM #LinkUp #BlogParty. I shared it on social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grammy Dee, good to see you again!

      Delete
  9. Lovely, Mrs Shoes. I love pumpkin bread (no chocolate chips or sweet additions for me, just nuts) and with two loaves there's plenty for me to freeze (I'm just mad for freezing!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it freezes well. At the moment I don't have an inch of freezer room so Mr Shoes & Boot were forced to eat both loaves. Such hardship I put those guys through...

      Delete
  10. I love your homemade pumpkin pie spice. I have all the other spices in the pantry, yet I still buy the ready mix. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I did too, & when my Mom saw that she near about had a fit. Nothing spurs change like a moms' disapproval.

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request