4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Saturday, 6 May 2017

Little Cracks are Okay

No, I have not dropped off the face of the planet (if you were hoping, too bad), it's just that life has gotten busier @ the 4Shoes with the onset of warmer weather. 
I have been working at cleaning all my windows before we can have company in. Of course, Spring cleaning rolls around every year, nothing new, but just time consuming. Part of the charm of this house is that every side of the place has large, floor to ceiling windows; I love to keep an eye on the horses, even from the solitude of the privy-room. TMI? Sorry.
Anyways... these windows are the crank out variety that have little tracks that the window seals into tightly. Those tracks are such a pain in the ass! I go around from room to room, carting around my stool, my pail of detergent water, a toothbrush for those darn tracks, & (finally) my vinegar spray bottle & window cleaning towel. Yesterday I cleaned 4 rooms worth &, right now as I'm typing, I should be finishing the other 4 rooms... Insides, I mean; cleaning the outsides requires adding a ladder to my equipment list!
During tasks that can be tedious, I find that time passes more quickly when chores are done to music - Leonard Cohen was on my playlist today. 
Whatever chore you are doing today, take a minute to appreciate the fruits of your labour, & enjoy the music.


12 comments:

  1. When you are done there- come visit me. :)

    I actually enjoy washing windows (but not the tracks). I love how bright the house is after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to name my favourite household chore, I guess it would be laundry. If you're paying my airfare, I'll definitely clean your windows!

      Delete
  2. So agree about appreciating the fruits of your labors, even if it's "just" clean windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that old Windex commercial where the little girl says, "Mommy! You're making the windows laugh!"

      Delete
  3. The tracks are a pain but I'm sure your windows are sparking! All the better to watch the herd and other critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best feature of this house has to be the windows; is it weird to watch horses from the throne room?

      Delete
  4. Windows -I have to clean the windows. I bet you windows are sparkling now! I love to blog a little -work a little. Makes it doable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work best on a deadline - so I invited company over to make sure I got them finished!

      Delete
  5. I'm a Cohen fan. RIP.

    Nothing like cleaning windows to make your house shine. We have a lot of big windows, too, that overlook the horses. Not in our bathroom though. I wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people take a magazine in there.... no need for reading material at the 4Shoes.

      Delete
  6. I'm not much of a window cleaner but boy sure nice when they are done!
    I miss seeing my horses from the house, our old house is still in the way

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request