4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Friday, 23 June 2017

Harley's Horrid Handiwork

This is blatant destruction in my seeded bed; you should see a bunch of carrots & beets coming up there, but no. I know it is a cat, & (more importantly) I know which damned cat.  

Mr Shoes repaired & reinstalled these corner braces that were originally built to discourage that cat. The bugger won't jump the sides, but if those corners are open he seems to think it's an invitation to futz around with me.
This morning I sprayed that little prick with the jet setting on the hose; it's not the first time I've doused him, nor is it likely to be the last.
Slow learner, or straight up Dick? My $ is on Dick. 

"She sprays me with the hose & screams obscenities at me, but she still fills my food bowl... because, who could resist this face?
So, whatever Man; I regret nothing."

9 comments:

  1. LOL what a cat. His face totally says 'challenge accepted' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He feels secure about his place in my world, for sure. All my animals (& my people, dammit!) are exactly this amount of terrified by me.

      Delete
  2. He really looks like a cat to be reckoned with. That face definitely says "Game On"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at that sweet "innocent" face!! Good idea on the brace. We are going to have to fence, and likely cover, if we want any veggies to grow on our land. Jury is still out on perennials. Hopefully there will be enough food elsewhere for the critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drought again Aurora?
      It's a dry year here too; veg that should be a foot high are about 4". We've gotten lots of clouds with not a lot of rain dropping; I can water, but it doesn't do much good without some sunshine. Horse pasture isn't looking too lush yet, but the cows are doing fine.

      Delete
  4. What a cutey. He looks pretty confident in his place in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like Mr Shoes, he knows darned well he can get away with a certain amount of crap, then he adds a little extra just to mess with me.

      Delete
  5. Oh them cats, they know. And they know we still love them even though they are super annoying at times

    ReplyDelete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request