4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Monday, 24 July 2017

Golden Moments

I've been busy as a bunny these last few weeks; no doubt we are mostly all in the same summer boat. This little boonis is one of 7 kits in the Rabbit Shack at the moment, with another litter due Thursday. All the 4Shoes critters are looking fat & happy - can't complain on that front. 
After some taunting about how I would take on all comers on the Bocce field, I was soundly trounced by my BIL, who wasn't too shy to do a victory dance & rub my face in my failure. Truth be told, I actually didn't expect to win, I just like to smack-talk & incite good-natured rivalries @ our annual Family Gathering. 
And here's the traditional bonfire later that night, around which drinks were hoisted & tall tales were told in amongst the more accurate family memories, & much love & laughter was shared. These are the golden moments that I live for - surrounded by the people whom we love & who love us back most of all. 
But all good things must end, & after 5 days of revelry, even Manic MinPin was all tuckered out. That's saying something about this years' Gathering right there all on it's own!
For all my blogging buddies, I hoist a cuppa to ya & I wish you wonderful new memories made in the summer of '17.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Summer is just speeding by I'm glad your getting to enjoy it!






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie; I've been watching your garden grow & see you too are as busy as a bee. <3

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of wabbits!! Your BIL looks like a character, must have been fun secretly letting him win *^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIL is a character indeed. Thankfully, he stops before the victory celebrations get to the point of delivering wedgies. But if it should ever go that far, he'd better watch out for flying Bocce balls (near his balls. oops.)

      Delete
  3. Family gatherings are priceless. They're what makes life sweet!! Good memories. We've had a few of our own, and we love to smack talk, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always with good humour - who doesn't love some smack?

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun time was had by all! Love family gatherings when we gave them too. So good to be together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of Mr Shoes' siblings were here, but 2 of their spouses were absent; of our combined 12 children only 4 of the boys made it (my own dear Slipper did not, 2nd year in a row), 2 of the boys brought their spouses & one had their 5 year old son who, of 8 little kids, had no one to play with. A pony ride only goes so far to make a kid smile over the course of a weekend.
      Hoping for a better turnout next year, because we do miss the ones who don't make it & lament the loss of connection between us all. That said, having only one child here meant for a lot more "natural" behaviour amongst the adults & we surely did have a great time!

      Delete
  5. We used to play Bocci, great fun. That makes me think I should get a set for my son and DIL as a house warming present. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great game for most ages, & I think that would be a great gift. Anything that brings the family together, I love. Even when I'm being embarrassed and then shamed for my lack of prowess...

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a blast, Mrs Shoes. *I* should've been there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are subtly announcing yourself as a Bocce "ringer", I'll fly you up next year. But then I expect a 'W' just so you're prepared. ;-)

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request