4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses

4Shoes 'BOOKENDS'; Morgan Horses
“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ~Langston Hughes *pictured: '4Shoes Bookends'

Friday, 1 September 2017

An Alternate View

'The Mane Trail'
Here we are again, on a different night, traveling down what we call 'The Mane Trail'This main track lays a pleasant 1/2 mile stripe down through the heart of the North Wood. Many arms of named trails branch off from The Mane: some go deeper into the North Wood & make crazy loops, while other paths lead to your choice of pasture, meadowland, or toward 'The Marsh'. Some paths even lead a meandering journey to the South Wood, where new future trails are in the process of developing. 
The Mane Trail empties out at the bottom into the middle of 'The Tail Trail', which is the 4Shoes' easternmost boundary. 

Every time we swing a leg over we do so knowing that we are in for an entirely different ride (even though we travel within a relatively small footprint of 160 acres), made more marvelous daily, courtesy of Mother Nature.

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love those trails, we have lots of land to ride on but its all flat, unless we go in the creek valley. And much less trees, I would like more trees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the woods (I could do entirely without The Marsh though), but we haven't got a rise in land anywhere, never mind a hill for building really nice butt muscle.
      Since Swamp Fever has been brought into the province this year, we are sticking close to home and happy that we still have somewhere safe to ride.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really pulls out the glamour when the leaves turn.

      Delete
  3. I love the mane trail! You have beautiful woods on your place. I'd be out there all the time. Magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favourite place to ride; who needs to haul anyways?

      Delete
  4. The Courtesy of Mother Nature when she allows me to melt with her. I couldn't live without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Nature keeps me sane -- especially considering what is going on in the world outside the 4Shoes, I'd rather just stay here.

      Delete
  5. WOW!! Gorgeous trail! You lucky 4shoer!! I would enjoy having 160 acres to ride on. I absolutely love riding in the woods! Not sure what trees those are, but looks like our Birch (and the larger Aspen out West) they are so so pretty to ride among. Love how the leaves flicker in the wind. I wouldn't want to leave your haven either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aurora. They do look like birch, don't they? Those are mostly poplars & aspens, willows, and a lot of baby oaks that look more like bushes. Both the liver chestnuts will snatch oak leaves from the side of the trail - my theory is that they eat them just to prove to us that they are STARVING (because we never feed them, so they claim).

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous trails. If I had your land I'd be out on those trails everyday I could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have logged as many hours on the tractor as I did in the saddle this summer! We were clearing a new hay field and, in the midst of that, I kept sneaking away from the field to blaze new riding trails... Tiring, but every day that I made a new trail with the tractor, I wanted to get out there in the evening and check out the perspective from the saddle! I wish we could have summers like this every year.

      Delete

Pony Up some Words & I'll 100% Hit you Back!

4Shoes Life would be happy to exchange Blogroll Links upon request